Visit Our Loveland, OH Dentistry
When you visit Dr. Kaseff at his Loveland office, your overall oral health is his top priority. As one of Cincinnati Magazine’s “Top Area Dentists” from 2010, you can be confident that this comprehensive dentist will provide you with the best treatment you've ever experienced.
What is comprehensive dentistry?
In order to provide his Loveland patients with the best care and to ensure their overall well-being, Dr. Kaseff provides diagnostic exams that go beyond the typical poking-and-prodding approach that many dentists use when caring for their patients. By obtaining a complete picture of your oral health, Dr. Kaseff will not only take care of the issues you may be having now, but save you time and money (and pain!) in the future. Comprehensive dental exams should be done every three years, with screenings done every six months during your regular cleanings.
Here is what your comprehensive exam will include:
• Individual tooth inspection: Dr. Kaseff thoroughly checks each tooth for signs of decay or chipping, and to make sure they are properly supported by your gums and jaw bone. He will also inspect the condition of any previous dental work you’ve had done, such as crowns and fillings, to certify that they are still in strong shape.
• Diagnostic X-rays (radiographs): X-rays are an extremely important tool for your dentist to find tooth decay and cavities that can’t be seen with a visual inspection. They also expose what’s going on below the gums, including wisdom teeth development and movement, signs of jaw bone deterioration, and adult tooth growth in children who still have baby teeth.
• Occlusal examination: Dr. Kaseff inspects the jaws for problems with bite alignment, or the relationship between your upper and lower jaw when your mouth is at rest. Malocclusion occurs when there is a misalignment between the upper and lower jaw, which can cause not only pain, but problems chewing and speaking.
• Periodontal check-up: It’s important to check gums for signs of disease. When bacteria builds up on gum tissue, it can lead to gingivitis, a condition where the gums become swollen and often bleed during brushing and flossing. Left untreated, gingivitis can lead to the more serious disease periodontitis, where gum tissue may start to deteriorate. Periodontitis can expose your mouth to infection, and in extreme cases may lead to tooth loss.
• Muscular tension or tenderness analysis: Tightness in the jaw or tenderness in the facial muscles that surround and support the mouth can cause issues like TMJ disorders (problems with the muscles you use to chew and speak) and chronic headaches. By pinpointing the source of this pain, your dentist can help relieve you of this often debilitating discomfort.
• Oral cancer screening: Dr. Kaseff checks the lymph nodes, lips, tongue, inside of your cheeks, roof of your mouth, and under your tongue for lumps, swelling and discoloration that could be signs of a serious disease.
In his 17 years of practice, Dr. Kaseff has built a network of Loveland area doctors with many different specialties. If he recommends that further care be done by a physician in a different field, he can refer you to just the right person. If you would like to learn more about Dr. Kaseff’s complete approach to providing great dentistry that is gently delivered, please call the office or set up an appointment today!